[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Billiard Coach Forum • View topic - MOMA 2016

MOMA 2016

Everything except tournament announcements goes here.

MOMA 2016

Postby Mike Fieldhammer on Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:51 pm

It's once again time for my yearly "does anybody care" post about MOMA. I think it's the 36th Annual. What local(ish) players are there and how are they doing?

I'll start- Play hasn't begun.

Edit- Schedule image inserted

Click on the photo to view the entire image

2016-01-26 13_26_30-MOMA Flyer  2016 January 27 Duluth.pdf - Adobe Reader.png
2016-01-26 13_26_30-MOMA Flyer 2016 January 27 Duluth.pdf - Adobe Reader.png (157.88 KiB) Viewed 1608 times
Thanks,
Mike Fieldhammer

Several Predator Cues and Samsara Cues for sale. Please inquire.
Mike Fieldhammer
Site Admin

Re: MOMA 2016

Postby TCo on Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:27 pm

So Dr. Kevorkian, "Do you have that prescription you were talking about?

When you question, “Does anyone care?” – Of COURSE there is care/concern even more than care, I bet there are those that are in a PANIC! It is the “Who” that matters. This industry is resting in the intensive care unit in anything but stable condition. This tournament is no different.

No news flash, but you see fewer and fewer players everywhere you go. League systems are losing their upper echelon of players because of over-handicapping and rules to break up a team such as “no more than 2 Master rated…” Also a GREAT (Fargo) rating system put to use league-wide with the BCA but STILL using divisions. It really makes me wonder if anyone working in this industry is listening to the people that fund them. Actually I don’t wonder.

And, dambit, I know you know that you’d get me to do this so I did it.

I compared participation numbers from the 2008 MOMA in Duluth to this year. I hope it’s a fair comparison but I’m not sure that all of the entries are listed for this year’s tournament because teams don’t start until Friday – yes a backhanded jab, but I’m sorry, the tournament that includes the full state and others around us should have posted brackets, start times, etc, etc much in advance. Maybe holding on to a little bit too much from last year but...

ANYway, 2008 had 286 teams participating, this year 189. 2008 had 738 played the singles divisions, 2016 has 518. This year does have 9ball that 2008 did not have so not to skew, there are an additional 71 in open and ONE Woman who registered for 9ball. Table below if it shows alright.

Perhaps I’m misinterpreting participation with interest/care/whatever. Not to get into a full blown “Industry drop off” discussion but I’m curious what changes in numbers have MOMA vendors seen in league participants since 2008.

MOMA by the numbers:

Sorry the table doesn't look so great, but it is the Division then the number of participating in 2008, then 2016

TCo

Return to Main Forum