Derby Winners

Everything except tournament announcements goes here.

Derby Winners

Postby Mike Fieldhammer on Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:46 am

I think the following players won this year at the Derby City Classic.

Banks Corey Deuel
One Pocket Francisco Bustamante
Nine Ball Chris Melling

Does anyone know who won the three all-around prizes? How about the Louis Action Award?
Thanks,
Mike Fieldhammer

Several Predator Cues and Samsara Cues for sale. Please inquire.
Mike Fieldhammer
Site Admin

Re: Derby Winners

Postby Double E on Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:51 pm

Bustamante got the all-around followed by Bergman for 2nd. 2 tied for third place

Any thoughts out there with Shaw calling SVB a CHEATER for his racking technique in their 9ball match?

Josh filler gets my vote he was in big action all week.
Double E

Postby Mike Fieldhammer on Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:26 am

Double E wrote:Bustamante got the all-around followed by Bergman for 2nd. 2 tied for third place

Any thoughts out there with Shaw calling SVB a CHEATER for his racking technique in their 9ball match?

Josh filler gets my vote he was in big action all week.

Thanks for the info. About the racking--- I think 9-ball is a dinosaur, at least at the pro level. Everyone knows racking techniques and it is now the most boring and predictable part of the game. It used to be the most exciting shot in pool. I don't have specifics on what SVB was doing and what exactly Shaw said, but I imagine playing 10-ball would have quelled the arguments which happened tourney wide, not just in the Shaw/SVB match. Probably SVB was just maximizing his chances by giving himself a favorable rack and perhaps pattern. One year when I was there, Pinegar and Nevel I believe had to rack blind, then place the 1 and 9 in appropriate spots then push them up to the spot, rack, and break.
Thanks,
Mike Fieldhammer

Several Predator Cues and Samsara Cues for sale. Please inquire.
Mike Fieldhammer
Site Admin

Postby rharm on Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:02 pm

It must have equaled the racking controversies at Seco's this year. It was entertaining watching the flashlights on phones come up to make sure it was a solid rack.
rharm

Return to Main Forum